Monday, March 20, 2006

The plans I have for you


From Noah and the ark, Abraham the father of a nation, Jacob and his birthright, through Joseph the savior of a nation. Genesis is first and foremost the story of God's sovereignty. Yes it shows the beginning of the world and the start of the nation of Israel, but it so much more than that. God's finger prints are all over each story. Not the thought or even just the worship and obedience of God, but God actively working in peoples lives.

The account of Jacob and Esau is incredible. Before Jacob and Esau had committed any action, God had made a decision about the path of their lives.

10 And not only this, but when Rebecca also had conceived by one man, even by our father Isaac 11 (for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls), 12 it was said to her, "The older shall serve the younger." 13 As it is written, "Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated." Romans 9:10-13

WOW. That is powerful. I know for me, right know in my life, this is an amazingly comforting verse. I am waiting to see what God will do with me this year. I know what I desire, I hope it is what God desires. I know that no matter where the Lord has me ministering a year from now, it is HIS plan. Not only will it not catch Him by surprise, He had it planned while I was in the womb.

Thank you Lord.
Amen.

No comments: