Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Worth the Wait


As I began reading through Genesis, something jumped out at me. It only took man three chapters to stain what God had created and 926 chapters (OT) to get the point that we aren't good enough to clean it up. Patience has always been a struggle for me. Over the past 5-6 years, God has really worked in my heart and changed my impatient attitude. Sure, I lose it every once in a while, but I demonstrate much more self-control than in the past.

I feel a continued challenge to examine my patience with the youth. As leaders, we must set the example in speech, life, and attitude (sound familiar). How do you respond to the youth? Are you willing to make (many) sacrifices for the youth? I look at it this way; if I am worth enough for God to have patience with me, the youth are worth enough for me to have patience with them.

Scott

No comments: